West Bengal Waste Management Ltd (WBWML), Purba Srikrishnapur, PS. Sutahata, Haldia started its operations in May 2006 as a world class Treatment, Storage, Disposal Facility (CHWTSDF) to manage Hazardous & Bio Medical waste disposal. The project was awarded by Haldia Development Authority (HDA) to Ramky Group through global tendering and is set up on an area of about 100 acres.
The facility has Temporary waste stores, Intractable waste stores, Secured landfill, Stabilization / treatment facility and an Incinerator with 100% power backup facilities.
- Meets US-EPA norms for secured landfill
- Follows European norms for incineration
- Incineration technology from Alstom
- Technical assistance from AusAID
The hazardous waste facilities consist of double composite liner landfills with a leachate collection system. Waste received in these facilities is disposed off by three modes:
- Direct Land Filling (DLF) 1,20,000 TPA
- Land filling After Treatment (LAT) 60,000 TPA
- Incineration (INC) 10,800 TPA
WBWML offers clients a comprehensive set of services for the treatment and disposal of industrial waste.
- Collection and Disposal
- Waste Fingerprint Analysis
- Treatment Solutions
- Laboratory Services
- Well-equipped laboratory
- Waste blending and stabilization unit
- Alternate fuel recovery
- Hazardous waste Incinerator
- Scrubbers for stack emission control
- Secured landfill facility
- Continuous emission
WBWML also undertakes waste transportation using completely mechanized systems instead of human resources. The organization has successfully integrated imported cranes on Indian trucks, reducing human exposure to loading and unloading of waste. The systems in use are the best in terms of occupational safety. They comply with the guidelines enunciated by the Central Pollution Control Board and are on par with international industry standards.